Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Camper Renovation - Put a Roof on It

Camperrrr!! Well everyone, the last photos I shared of our vintage Williams Craft camper's progress were taken mid-November and obviously I was kinda bad at taking photos because the next set I have to share is from mid-December! That being said, this is a pretty exciting moment because THE ROOF CAME IN! Yes, this would be the day that our new aluminum roof arrived via freight. It's funny because we didn't know when to expect it and one day I came home from shopping and found my dad messing with a giant cardboard tube.

me: dad. what is that? is that what I think it is?
dad: it's nothing.
me: no really - is it my camper roof?!
dad: no Bran.
me: ugh. dad if it's my camper roof you better tell me so I can get my camera!!!
dad: well you better go get your camera.

Eeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!







A couple of days later (on a warm, non-windy day) we proceeded to put the roof on. Dad had a crew of helpers (I was told to just take pictures and be quiet ha!)





Thanks to my uncles and grandpa for helping out with operation put a roof on it!

4 comments:

  1. what are the dimensions of your camper and how much did the roof cost? Thats a big part of my camper rebuild that I'm not looking forward lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jazzy, the camper is 8 feet wide x 12 feet long and the roof cost about 850.00 - hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get your roofing material?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chrissy! We ordered our roof from The Metal Company in Colorado. It was delivered via freight. :)

    ReplyDelete