Sunday, April 28, 2013

Big Hair, Little Shorts and Super Cute Babies

I've spent a lot of time with my family lately. One evening we sat around my aunt's table pouring over old family photos. These photos made us laugh. They made us smile. And we laughed some more. There was plenty of big hair and little shorts. Super cute babies and way too much fun. I snagged a few with the promise to bring them back safely. Wanted to scan some of my favorites and share them with you.


My mom's family reunion, 1976 or 1977. My brother is the little boy on the bottom left in the blue and yellow shirt (hands on his chin.) My sister is the little girl in the flowered shirt just to the right of him. My mom is in the red shorts and tan shirt - towards the middle of the back row. Oh and there's my dad! He's two spots to the left of my mom in a navy shirt. Awww.


I love this picture so much. There's my grandma and grandpa in the middle, and see the girl on the bottom right with the banjo? My beautiful mom! Not to mention my awesome aunts, uncles and cousins.


On my mom's side of the family, Aunt P and Uncle D were the first to get a camper so everyone dubbed Aunt P the Camper Queen. It was a super cute brand new Williams Craft camper! I forgot to ask what year they got the camper. These two photos were taken in the 80's.



My aunt with her first born son. And just look at those cars in the background. 





Aunt P, on Christmas Day with her new bike. Check out that vintage camper of someone's in the background. Love the car too.


Remember when perms were the rage? I think everyone had a perm that year. p.s. nice shorts, cousin G.

No comments:

Post a Comment