Friday, July 6, 2012

So I have this Crush (on a Vintage Camper)

Not just any camper. My cousin's camper. It happened innocently enough when he rolled in from New Mexico to the family reunion in Texas. I just about died when I went inside to see a turquoise sink and stove, an original 1960's backsplash, and wrap around windows. It was obsession at first sight. My cousin mentioned he might fix it up and flip it for a profit. He found her in Amarillo and paid a whopping $800.00 for her.

A year later at the next family reunion, that camper taunted me again. To top it off another cousin rolled in with a new vintage camper. That was it. I wanted a vintage camper. But not just any camper: G's camper. Hey, one can dream right?

My search for the perfect camper got crazy. I was willing to go as far as Oregon to get one, and even found someone who could check it out for me, but every camper I liked kept selling before we could even ask to look at them. I started emailing my cousin with random questions: were non-working breaks normal, did theirs come with A/C, was it hard to install A/C. I joked that they needed to just sell me their camper already. G's wife asked my budget and said they'd keep an eye out for me (and that she'd work on G to see if he'd sell theirs.)

I'll admit every time I went on Facebook and I had a message, a little part of me thought wouldn't it be awesome if it was about the camper and G wanted to sell it? Well one day I got that message! I almost fell out of my chair in excitement. Then I took a screenshot of the message and texted it to my husband:



Btw, he's telling me happy Halloween because one day I said that I would rather buy a vintage camper than throw my usual Halloween party. Yes, I spend a crazy amount on Halloween parties. Let's just leave it at that.

So this is the story of the cutest little camper ever. She's a 1966 Williams Craft with wrap around windows, original turquoise sink and stove, and vintage starburst backsplash. I had to pay some $$$ to get G to part with her. I am so excited. These are personal pics of G's I swiped online. I am bouncing off the walls counting the days till we go pick her up. 10 more days? Can't wait to decorate and go on our first camping adventure! My cousins totally win best cousins ever award.

6 comments:

  1. OMG That stove is TO DIE FOR!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cecilia Holocher ThompsonSeptember 7, 2014 at 9:05 AM

    This stove and sink is what I'm looking for. Any ideas where I can buy one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I have Bella Pop's twin. Her name is Flora Fitzgerald.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's awesome!! pictures??

    ReplyDelete