Friday, November 30, 2012

Camper Renovation - A Little Bit of This and That

As promised here's another Camperrrr update! Now if I had a dollar for every time my dad has said "if this would fit in the shop, I'd just have stripped it down to the frame and rebuilt it from the ground up" or his favorite answer... "do you have a box of matches?" then I'd have... wait, scratch that. I suck at math. Oh, you get the idea.

Since tearing the whole thing apart at once wasn't an option (and I surely would go coo-coo for cocoa puffs) we had to work in sections. So it started with the back of the camper, and progressed to the front. Otherwise if we started taking apart framework in the back, some in the side, some in the front... well ya'know. Humpty Dumpty had a big fall and all that jazz.


Just more rotten wood waiting to be replaced...



OMG! Cleaning off old caulk and sealer is the BEST!  Said no one, ever.


New caulk.  Still a work in progress...


New framework for the door and ceiling. Just fyi, we've replaced every single piece of wood framing.  Except for maybe two or three small pieces? Yeah.


The next challenge... starting the framework in the front (aka the curve.) Yayyyyyy.



Since vintage campers like ours weren't designed for rooftop air conditioning, my dad decided to weld a small frame that would support the unit instead of what little wood framework someone else had put in. 





Stay tuned for more photos.  Have a great weekend... guess what I'll be doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment