Monday, November 19, 2012

Tyler State Park Fall Camping Trip - Part 1

In October we packed up and headed to Tyler State Park in East Texas for a one night fall camping trip. If only we could have stayed longer! We really wanted to take our camper but ya'know, she didn't have wheels and stuff. I didn't feel like tenting so we rented one of the screened shelters. They're pretty basic with electricity and water but it was fun. I did take some plastic drop cloths to tape over the screen windows and a little electric heater because it got cold. I'll admit I took my electric blanket too. Hey I'm a southern girl and I'm a cold weather wimp.

B's family lives nearby so they came and spent the afternoon with us.  We carved pumpkins, roasted hot dogs, and made s'mores. We had the best time.







3 comments:

  1. thank you for your blog/website on your journey with your camper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deborah J. RutledgeMay 12, 2015 at 12:29 AM

    Hello.... my husband and I became Vintage Camper owners today !!! Found a 1967 Shasta in our little town of Merrill, Oregon on a lot hub cap deep in weeds and grass. We searched out whom it might belong to, on Mother's Day, and left a note on their front door. They were out celebrating.... !!! so we waited patiently one more day... TODAY and went to their door again and after 15 minutes.. it was ours for $300.00 !!! I will watch for any ideas on redoing the inside as it is in sad shape from water damage.. We have high hopes it will be lovely like yours

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for following along on the journey! :) I am glad you enjoyed it Deborah!

    ReplyDelete